Upgrading to 3.1 from 3.0
Version 3.1 is backwards compatible with 3.0. Only features were added in this release.
- Imports feature.
- Queued imports
- ToArray concern for Exports.
- Custom value binders for Imports and Exports.
Excel::filter('chunk')method is removed, chunk filter is automatically added when using chunk reading.
Upgrading to 3.* from 2.1
Version 3.* is not backwards compatible with 2.*. It's not possible to provide a step-by-step migration guide as it's a complete paradigm shift.
3.* introduces some new dependencies.
- Requires PHP 7.0 or higher.
- Requires Laravel 5.5 (or higher).
- Requires PhpSpreadsheet instead of PHPExcel.
ALL Laravel Excel 2.* methods are deprecated and will not be able to use in 3.0 .
- Excel::load() is removed and replaced by Excel::import($yourImport)
- Excel::create() is removed and replaced by Excel::download/Excel::store($yourExport)
- 3.0 provides no convenience methods for styling, you are encouraged to use PhpSpreadsheets native methods.
You can find an example upgrade for an export here: https://github.com/Maatwebsite/Laravel-Excel/issues/1799