Upgrading to 3.0 from 2.1
Version 3.0 is not backwards compatible with 2.*. It's not possible to provide a step-by-step migration guide as it's a complete paradigm shift.
3.0 introduces some new dependencies.
- Requires PHP 7.0 or higher.
- Requires Laravel 5.5 (or higher).
- Requires PhpSpreadsheet instead of PHPExcel.
ALL Laravel Excel 2.* methods are deprecated and will not be able to use in 3.0 .
- Excel::load() is removed and will not be re-added until 3.1
- Excel::create() is removed and replaced by Excel::download/Excel::store($yourExport)
- 3.0 provides no convenience methods for styling, you are encouraged to use PhpSpreadsheets native methods.